[TYPO3-english] worried about 4.x (6.x)

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Wed Oct 10 18:09:09 CEST 2012

Hi,

Andi schrieb:
> As already mentioned in other threads the most important part right now is that templaVoila is working again in 6.0. As Toleiv pointed out already all other temating engines beside templavoila are missing so many things which simply mes the CMS unusable.
>
> So we hope that in the next release templaVoila is uae;-),

That's good to hear but worries me quite a bit - if TV is your concern
then you should really start thinking whether your demand for certain
tools and the support you give them are in proper balance. Currently
most of the major TYPO3 extensions (and even some parts in the Core) are
maintained by single persons with little to no support from the community.

Sure we (the maintainers) could ask to get Association budget and I'm
sure there'd be a fair chance to get some, but that's not giving us time
;) - support from a much larger group of people (developers,
documenters, testers,....) on the other hand would really improve things.

Regarding the original thread - really stop looking at the few Core
members - look at all other (actual) contributors and try to motivate
them to help out wherever they can (except if complaining is the only
thing they can).

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--