[TYPO3-english] t3blog and crop in TypoScript

wei.ma at newvillagemedia.com wei.ma at newvillagemedia.com
Mon Oct 8 15:12:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

We have a question about the t3blog extension. How to limit body list
view of T3Blog to 500 characters? We know we could separate long text
with ###MORE### inside the text editor. But instead of asking our
customers to input this marker, is there anyway to do it in
TypoScript? We tried this in the setup:

 [globalVar = GP:tx_t3blog_pi1|blogList|showUid<1]
 tt_content.text.20.stdWrap.crop = 500 |  ...  [more] | 1
 [global]

And we got these issues:
1. It messed up the website homepage which has a link to the blog page.
2. The [more] is not clickable on the blogList page.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wei