[TYPO3-english] scheduler - virtual hosting - cron jobs - permission

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Mon Oct 8 15:41:45 CEST 2012

Hi,

First time with scheduler and I have troubles setting it up in plesk
virtual hosting server.

I get the scheduler task run manually with the shell script like in
manual says:
/usr/local/bin/php /home/bob/www/typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh scheduler

but the problem is when I create a cron job in plesk admin panel for
this user, it seems it's a problem because the user is not allowed to
write in typo3temp. If I try to change the permissions of the typo3temp
so that the owner is the user and group apache, the site doesn't work.

Any idea how to solve this? I guess opening the typo3temp for everyone
to write is not a secure option?

--
With kind regards

Katja Lampela