[TYPO3-english] When adding new users, this php error shows up in the BE: "htmlspecialchars() expects parameters"

wei.ma at newvillagemedia.com wei.ma at newvillagemedia.com
Tue Oct 2 15:02:57 CEST 2012

Hello,

We receive this waring when we create a new user:

PHP Warning
PHP  Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array  given in /home/typo3_src-4.7.4/t3lib/class.t3lib_tceforms.php line 1080

PHP Warning
PHP  Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array  given in /home/typo3_src-4.7.4/t3lib/class.t3lib_tceforms.php line 1096

After a couple hours search, I couldn't find any bug report or patch on  this issue. It seems the variable  $PA['itemFormElValue'] (inside  /typo3_src-4.7.4/t3lib/class.t3lib_tceforms.php, line 1080 and line  1096) should be a string instead of an array.

This website was built with TYPO3 4.7.x.

Does any body have same problem? Do we have to change the core? Or how to resolve it?
Thanks in advance.

Wei