[TYPO3-english] Media plugin

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Oct 1 08:57:02 CEST 2012

Am 28.09.2012 22:10, schrieb Jim MacFarlane:
> I am finding that there are long delays getting started when using the
> media plugin with large media video files (over 100 meg). Is there a way to
> reduce the buffer size?

as far as it is no configuration of your player this may depend on your
video.
there are different encodings and differrent ways to store the
video-information in the file.
you may store this video-information at the beginning or the end of the
file:
with small files (which can be loaded fast) there is nearly no
difference as filling the play-buffer is like loading the complete file.
with big files this may differ:
storing the information at the beginning: the video can be started as
soon as the buffer has been filled.

storing the information at the end: the full file must to be downloaded
before the viedo can start (and this may take a while)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html