[TYPO3-english] Extension Manager will not import extensions

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Wed May 30 11:20:24 CEST 2012

Hi Jim,

first ensure, that your DB is uptodate (e.g. with db compare in
installtool).
Use installtool to find not writeable folders and fix permissions.
Use Extensionmanager Settings Tab and select a mirror + save selection.
Try to reimport in Tab remote repository.
Clear filter (also in split button)

Create a scheduler task to periodically refresh the em.

Regards
kay

Am 30.05.2012 10:25, schrieb Jim MacFarlane:
> I am quite frustrated with the extension manager in 4.7.1. I saw the same
> problem in 4.6, but not in 4.5. I am almost ready to give up on the new
> release because I am not able to see the entries in the repository to
> import them.
>
>  I can press the side arrow to update from the repository, but there is no
> way that I have found to see the list or select from it. The box in the
> upper left has only one choice, "Extension Manager", even as there are
> arrows to the side to select from a list.  Entering a value in the filter
> when in the import tab and pressing the enter key makes something happen,
> but again there is now output to choose from.
>
>  The manual in the sidebar seems to be talking about earlier versions of
> the extension manager that worked.
>
> I have checked the documentation, the database and the system requirements.
> All looks good, but there are warnings about missing database fields and
> the process is not working correctly.
>
>  Please help me or point me in the direction of documentation that will
> help.
>
> I already have a ticket for this, 2012053074000069.
>
> Jim MacFarlane

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach