[TYPO3-english] Indirect file links?

navesman rc at truninger.com
Tue May 29 17:54:50 CEST 2012

Hi All,

We have a multiple-language site with 6 languages currently and possibly
more to follow. On our software
downloads page I have some generic text of the form: "please click here to
download latest version of
software" which is translated into the 6 languages but of course all
language versions link to the same file.

The problem is that when I want to make a new version of the software
available for download, I have
to update at least 6 links (1 per language) - very messy and time consuming!
What I would like to do is
have all the language variants point to some comon link, say "sw download"
which would in turn link to
the file to be downloaded - in other words an indirect link. This way, by
changing just one link
("sw download"), I would give each language page access to the new software.
Of course I would like
all this to remain transparent for the user, i.e. only one click would be
necessary to download, as it
works currently.

The question is: is this possible in Typo3 and if so how can I implement
such a mechanism?