[TYPO3-english] pagebrowse with search function - id gets lost

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Sun May 27 09:02:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

i have a little search function set up on the page: 2 select boxes that
define categories and subcategories ($cat, $prov). When nothing is
selected, everything shall be displyed - and this is the scenario where
everything works fine: the list is splitted up by Dmitiry Dulepo's
pagebrowse extension.

But as soon as I have chosen a category, something is going wrong. The
first result page shows correctly, and the debug statements show that
the pagebrowser should calculate the correct number of pages. But as
soon as I click on page 2, the settings for the chosen categories get
lost and the list is again shown with all results.

I thought that I have to send the category values to the pagebrose
function like this:

(myExt)
  function getPageBrowserContent($numberOfPages,$cat,$prov) {
     $conf = $GLOBALS['TSFE']->tmpl->setup['plugin.']['tx_pagebrowse_pi1.'];
     $conf += array(
       'pageParameterName' => $this->prefixId . '|page',
       'numberOfPages' => $numberOfPages,
       'category' => $cat,
       'province' => $prov
     );
     return $this->cObj->cObjGetSingle('USER', $conf);
}

and call it like that:

$pagebrowser =
$this->getPageBrowserContent($this->conf['numberOfPages'],
t3lib_div::_POST('category'), t3lib_div::_POST('province'));

but that doesn't do the job ('category' and 'province' resolve to NULL).
Am I doing something wrong with the pagebrowse ext or is the error most
likely somewhere else?

Thanks for your comments and ideas!
Regards,
Robert