[TYPO3-english] TypoScript editing with jEdit

Giuseppe glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Thu May 24 14:39:46 CEST 2012

Today, I discovered an interesting thing under Typo3 with the extension
jeditvfs, but I can't get it to work.

Somebody use it? I installed the extension (ignoring PHP and TYPO3
versions warnings), and, in ROOT template (Introductory Package), I
added the lines...
jeditpage = PAGE
jeditpage.typeNum = 761
jeditpage.config {
         no_cache = 1
         pageGenScript=EXT:jeditvfs/server.php
         admPanel = 0
}

....after the includes.

jEdit is giving an error about Failed to parse server response. Content
is not allowed at prologue.

Is the extension working and is my mistake? or this extension is
outdated and does'nt works anymore?

For a newbie like me in T3, it's very interesting the possibility to
edit remotely and change between files from the TS Explorer (jEdit) to
understand how Typoscript and templates works.

(*) http://wiki.typo3.org/Enhanced_TypoScript_editing_with_the_jEdit_editor