[TYPO3-english] SPDY and TYPO3 Experiences

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri May 18 13:53:02 CEST 2012

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Becker wrote:
> Does anybody have experiences in using SPDY with TYPO3?

TYPO3 does not care about the protocol used. You could use TYPO3 as Email
backend over SMTP/IMAP if you like.
You must just set the GET/POST parameters properly if you want any
interaction.

The webserver used must speak SPDY. I think Varnish has or wants to add
support for this. Also, for just the HTML, SPDY has no real advantage
(accept header compression). The real goal is to to send more data without
having to create another TCP connection (3-way handshake). The real gain is,
when you can send all images, CSS, JS, HTML, etc. over a single connection.
AFAIK, you the server can even send data before the client requests it. The
reduces the number of roundtrips greatly.

I do not think that TYPO3 can do anything regarding SPDY, except giving
proper headers, but this should be done anyway.

If you find a webserver that supports SPDY (nginx maybe?; SPDY module for
Apache?), you are good to go.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!