[TYPO3-english] Image Magick Thread Limit, 1und1

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu May 17 19:31:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 17-5-2012 14:53, N3 wrote:
> of talking to different people on the support until someone said there was a
> problem with the current version they use (6.6.04) on some Debian servers
> since it was eating up to much memory. They offered a workaround until

If GraphicsMagick is available (or they can make it available) that will
probably be a good alternative. GM seems to have less problems, needs
less resources and usually performs a bit better too.

A recent oddity in ImageMagick is that they suddenly changed the
handling of the RGB colorspace which can lead to dark images... and
people wonder why we (used to) have such strange options for IM in the
Install Tool :-S

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member