[TYPO3-english] about templates

Richard Davies richard at ocular.co.nz
Fri Jun 29 04:51:03 CEST 2012

Hi Tom,

These are typoscript templates - if you meant html templates you'll have a
harder time.
The number is the number of typoscript templates on that page, e.g. if
there was 2 then theres two templates on that page.
There are two types of typoscript templates: root templates, which act as
the base typoscript template for a site, and extension templates, which you
can think of as modifying the base template, adding or removing typoscript.
Extension templates do not have to stand on their own.
To know more about each template you would have to go into them
individually. Generally naming templates descriptive things can help with
knowing what they, for example "+ext registration" may hold the typoscript
for configuring a registration extension.

Richard