[TYPO3-english] how to change the look of typo3 site?

Christoph Hermann hermann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jun 28 21:46:20 CEST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012, 14:47:15 schrieb tom:

Hi,

> Thanks for your help.
> But it seems "css_styled_content" is not what I want. From what I know,
> css_styled_content will help you to render content elements in typo3, but
> it is nothing to do with the look of the site.
> Now I think I need to do is to edit/change css file of my typo3 site
> according  to the css file of site A. But I do not know if this is the
> right way to do it? Or is there anything I should pay attention.
> Hope someone can put comments in it.

I think you should definately use css_styled_content.
Basically you create a html/css template, load the css and template via

page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.stylesheet = path/to/main.css
page.10 = TEMPLATE
page.10 {
  template = FILE
  template.file = path/to/index.tmpl.html
  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT
  subparts.MAINCONTENT < styles.content.get
  subparts.LEFT < styles.content.getLeft
  subparts.RIGHT < styles.content.getRight
  subparts.NAVIGATION < menu
}

your html should contain the markers DOCUMENT, MAINCONTENT, etc.
Then load css_styled_content static template and you are ready to go.

cheers
Christoph

--
Christoph Hermann