[TYPO3-english] how to change the look of typo3 site?

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Thu Jun 28 15:02:43 CEST 2012

On 06/28/2012 02:47 PM, tom wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> Thanks for your help.
> But it seems "css_styled_content" is not what I want. From what I know,
> css_styled_content will help you to render content elements in typo3, but
> it is nothing to do with the look of the site.
> Now I think I need to do is to edit/change css file of my typo3 site
> according  to the css file of site A. But I do not know if this is the
> right way to do it? Or is there anything I should pay attention.
> Hope someone can put comments in it.

you can do it in two ways:
copy all css from foreign site to your css regarding other CSS-Classes,
-IDs and other HTML-Tags
or
you modify the rendering of TYPO3 to output the same HTML/CSS-Structure
as the foreign site to use the same CSS
this means: you redefine typoscript-wraps
	...wrap = <div class="csc-content">|</div>
maybe to:
	...wrap = <td id="cell">|</td>
and HTML-templates.

both attempts are a big work as it needs a complete restructuring either
of CSS or TYPO3-rendering

if there is javascript which modifies the content or appearance of the
page you may fail with the first way, or you also have to adapt this
javascript too.

another attempt would be to adapt the foreign CSS to only those parts of
TYPO3 which are used at all and do it just from look than from CSS-files.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html