[TYPO3-english] How to show translated textpic element but with image from the default language?

Tobias Liegl tliegl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 16:16:51 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm using the classic page module and FLUIDTEMPLATE for a website (no
TemplaVoila). The website is available in german and english - with
german as the default language.

In the default language there is a textpic element. When translating
this element, I want to translate the text only, the image should be
taken from the element in the default language - except when there is an
image in the translated element.

In the ext_tables.php I added this setting, so the image from the
default language won't be copied to the translated element. This works fine!

$GLOBALS['TCA']['tt_content']['columns']['image']['l10n_mode'] =
'mergeIfNotBlank';

In the frontend I see the normal textpic element in the default
language. But on the translated page I only see the translated text - no
image from the default language.

I tried it with adding this setting, but nothing changed.

config.sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank = tt_content:image

What am I missing here? Any ideas?

Tobi