[TYPO3-english] tt_news and BE user permission based on tt_news categories

Christoph Hermann hermann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jun 21 07:28:17 CEST 2012

Am Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012, 19:15:25 schrieb Orish Shrestha:

Hi,

> I am trying to setup permissions for BE user to edit tt_news based on
> tt_news categories.
> Here is what I have and what I want to get
> usergroup1 : cat ids 31,22,32
> usergroup2 : cat ids 15,20,30
>
> Now, anyuser in usergroup1 can edit tt_news tagged to 31,22,32 and
> similarly anyuser in usergroup2 can edit tt_news tagged for 15,20,30. Upto
> this part it everything works fine. But the problem begins when a news is
> tagged for 31 and 15 (categories in both the usergroup), non of the users
> can edit that news, even they are tagged for categories they are tagged
> for.

Who is even allowed to create news with this combination?
It makes perfect sense to me, that only this person is able to edit it
afterwards (or other users with similar permissions).

> I am selecting tt_news categories in the Extend tabs in usergroup screen to
> set the permission. And from the behaviour it seems like the permission has
> AND logic meaning, user can only edit news iff the news are tagged
> explicitly for the selected categories only. So, my question is: Is there a
> way to implement OR logic which will say allow the user to edit news if
> they are allowed to edit any of the tagged categories in their usergroup.

I don't think thats possible and imho it doesn't make sense, because
usergroup1 could just remove the categories of usergroup2 in a news entry.

What you could do is have a folder structure like this:

news
- usergroup1-news
- usergroup2-news

In your usergroups remove all categories.
Then let the usergroups only store news in their folders (no matter what
categories) based on the typo3 permissions for the folders.
Then configure tt_news to recursively read all news from the "news" folder.

Of course you now still have the problem, that users then can create news
tagged with the other usergroups categories.

You might also have a look at the 'news' extension (not tt_news).

cheers
Christoph

--
Christoph Hermann