[TYPO3-english] Usage of stdWrap cache in TYPO3 4.7

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Tue Jun 5 18:34:17 CEST 2012

Hi, List.

Today I played a little with new TYPO3 4.7 feature of caching via stdWrap.
Quite nice and tasty feature, but after a while I realized, that it's not so
useful, as I thought.

My first intention was to implement it for HMENUs on the website, but later
I found, that TYPO3 already stores HMENUs in cache_hash, so it's not needed.

My second try was for common content elements, used on an every page. Here
is a scheme:
- I have 3 common content elements, which are stored in "Content Storage"
sysfolder.
- These elements are inserted on every page, so I have to set
"TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = pages" at "Content Storage" sysfolder for clearing
whole cache, whenever content of some of these elements changes.
It would be really nice, if I could store these elements in separate cache
and clear only this cache, whenever change is made. And here is a problem,
since stdWrap.cache stores data in cache_hash and there is no way (except
hooks and clearCacheCmd = all) to clear that cache automatically on record
update.

So, my question: is it possible to automatize stdWrap's cache clearing?