[TYPO3-english] Creating html newsletter

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Mon Jun 4 14:18:06 CEST 2012

Hi Stephen,

4.6.2012 13:15, Stephen Bungert kirjoitti:
> I have to also create a newsletter and want to know mora about how your
> editors add these inline styles.

The editors are able to add the styles from RTE's dropdown menus, not css predefined block/character styles, but - how do you call them - inline(?) styles, like in my example below.

> I was making extra header styles and then changing the wrap in TS, but I
> also need to let the editors just write contnet in normal content using the
> RTE.
>
> Do your editors manually view and edit the RTE html? Or can you use block
> styles to add the style attributes that you need?

If you add the css styles like h1 {blahblah}, you should add them into body part of the message, not in the header section. At least this is recommended in the documentation I've read. This is not pretty in my opinion. This is why I want to add the style to the text where the text is added. I give in html template table the overall font-family and font-size, but when I change style, I want the style inserted there like this (what I also get saved into db):

and that is what I want to deliver in website also (=in the newsletter).

RTE is configured in extension manager as "demo" (just for getting all the buttons now for testing).

Anyway this is what I get in frontend:

or this (according to different typoscript):

*So my problem is I get this odd margin-reset-thingie or no styles at all.*

With kind regards

Katja Lampela
*Lieska-tuotanto*
www.lieska.net