[TYPO3-english] Creating html newsletter

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Mon Jun 4 16:01:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

so the inline styles that they select just wrap span tags around text with
the css that you define in the RTE config? I'm not sure if embedding a style
tag is so good. From what I have read, the best thing to do is write the css
directly in a tags style attribute.

 I think webmail providers do different things with these tags. Also if the
styles you want are added as spans inside p tags I think there will be some
problems too... I have seen from my newsletters that different webmail
providers have styles that cascade down and add margin/padding (depending on
the webmail host) to p tags. This means that you may get some odd display
affects appearing in webmails clients.

news:mailman.1.1338812286.17602.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...