[TYPO3-english] hmenu special=updated parent's title in tmenuitem

Jan Slusarczyk jan.slusarczyk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 21:58:16 CEST 2012

I have a website with a lot of pages divided into sections. I want to
create a list of latest updated pages and mark them according to the
section they belong to. Technically - just a <span>section title</span>
inside a tmenuitem <li>|</li>. I didn't expect it to be such a difficult
task.

I started erroneously with:
	after.cObject = TEXT
	after.cObject.data = leveltitle:0
	after.cObject.wrap = <span class="section">|</span>
but after a short while I have found out that leveltitle will always get
data from the page the menu is displayed on, and not the tmenuitem
target itself. I got a little desperate but didn't find anything close
to a working solution. Is itemArrayProcFunc and a custom function the
only way?

Regards
Jan