[TYPO3-english] question about making typo3 site

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Mon Jul 9 12:27:43 CEST 2012

On 07/03/2012 03:54 PM, tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been studying typo3 for a little while, I have gone through the
> following documentation: Getting Started, TypoScript in 45 Minutes
> tutorial,Modern Template Building 1,Futuristic Template Building tutorial.
> I got to know a little bit of typo3. But still not that clear.
> Now I am trying to build a typo3 site according to this site:
> http://www.snook.ca/, I want to use the page of http://www.snook.ca/ as my
> html template.
> So according to what I know, I should do the below steps to build my typo3
> site, I will put my thought in the following steps, please help me with
> some input.
> 1. Build the html template.
> my question on this step is: should I download the page
> http://www.snook.ca/to be my html template or I make on my own? If I
> should make the html
> template on my own, should I use certain tool such as Dreamweaver? Is there
> anything I should pay attention for my css file(it seems mention certain
> rules for css style in MTB1 tutorial)?
> 2. Use TV(TemplaVoila) to Integrate the html template.
> On this step, my question is: How could I know what typoscript I should put
> in template->setup(Because in FTB tutorial, it puts some menu typoscript
> for dynamic menu)?

beside of these two ways you can build up a website with pure typoscript
something like:
page {
   # div.all
   10 = COA
   10 {
     wrap = <div class="all">|</div>
     # div.header
     10 = COA
     10 {
       wrap = <div class="header">|</div>
       10 = IMAGE
       10.file = ..../logo.gif
       # div.menu
       20 = MENU
       20 {
         :
       }
     }
     # div.middle
     20 = COA
     20 {
       wrap = <div class="middle">|</div>
       10 < styles.content.getLeft
       10.wrap = <div class="left">|</div>
       20 < styles.content.get
       20.wrap = <div class="content">|</div>
       30 < styles.content.getRight
       30.wrap = <div class="right">|</div>
     }
     # div.footer
     30 = COA
     30 {
       wrap = <div class="footer">|</div>
       10 < temp.footer
     }
   }
}

advantage:
if you use different layouts on different pages it is much easier to
change the structure in pure typoscript than having mutliple
HTML-templates which need to be switched.
have a look to the comments before each COA: they guide you in the TSOB

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html