[TYPO3-english] DB-Check: Advanced Query with Join / sys_action

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Jul 6 08:50:05 CEST 2012

Hi Christoph,

Christoph Hermann wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2012, 13:38:10 schrieb Philipp Gampe:
>> > is there a way to create an advanced query with a join condition in the
>> > DB Check Tool (or some other way)?
>
>> > I want to create an action (sys_action) that lists only specific news
>> > with a certain category.
>> > Therefore i need to make a JOIN of the news and the news category
>> > table.
>
>> > Is there a way to achieve this? Maybe with Typoscript?
>>
>> The easiest way to archive this is to write a custom action with PHP.
>
> Can you point me to some documentation about this?

Yes, in the manual of taskcenter. Have a look at the online version:
http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/Extensions/taskcenter/nightly/#developer-
s-guide

>> You can try to edit the SQL, but it is stored inside the sys_action
>> t2_data column as serialized PHP array. I am not sure of this will work.
>
> And there is no  way to specify some custom SQL query?

Not yet. Feel free to sponsor the work or post a patch for TYPO3 6.0.

>> Other than that, you can of course create a backend user (FE) page and
>> use some CONTENT to generate what you need.
>
> Well i need an action with a list of all tt_news items (with edit icons)
> of a specific category.

Have a look on how the links look in backend. You can easily reproduce the
links in frontent if you know the record uid.

http://your-site.example.org/typo3/alt_doc.php?returnUrl=<url encoded link
back>&edit[<table>][<uid>]=edit

If you are logged in the backend, this will show an edit form.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!