[TYPO3-english] Introduction package - any Documentation of structure/concept ?

Christoph Stadler christophe at stadler.com
Mon Jul 2 18:59:09 CEST 2012

Hi Francois,

it would be great to have something to decrypt this, i found a german
/austrian to be precis) tutorial which goes into this direction, not
easy to find it though when you're looking for 'Introduction Package'
and ending up with 'Extension Templates'.

WHat i'm wondering/missing is if the way the Introduction Package is
built somehow represents a 'best practice' approach ? Especially the
extreme segmentation of the templates and scripts into folders,
subfolders and then again in the filesystem makes me wonder ... what was
the concept behind this ? Is this just taken to the extreme for demo
purposes or is this how it should be done in the eyes of the typo3
developpers ?

I suppose the intro package is one of the first things people new to
typo3 or these newer versions would go to to find enlightenment, so a
short video tutorial of the people who did put some thought into this
package would be great ...