[TYPO3-english] Translating extensions

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Thu Jan 26 14:00:22 CET 2012

On 01/26/2012 12:17 PM, Derik Kotze wrote:
> Man this is great, thank you very very much!!! I did it!
>
> Now will I be able to do the same with some other extensions like front
> end login etc?

these extensions are propably be localized with language-files:
search for these files (locallang.*) in the extension-directories
(typo3conf/ext/<extkey> for local extensions or
typo3_src/typo3/sysext/<extkey> for system-extension like felogin)

for felogin you will find:
typo3_src/typo3/sysext/felogin/locallang_db.xml
typo3_src/typo3/sysext/felogin/ppi1/locallang.xml

or you may use an extension to handle these files automaticly
llxmltranslate (is it still working?)

the best way would be to get in contact with the translation team, let
create afrikaans as new language and translate your needed extensions
(and a lot of core) to afrikaans to expand TYPO3 for everyone.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html