[TYPO3-english] Typo3 emails (Implications of migrating to Gmail)

Greg L gregorise at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:06:40 CET 2012

Hi all,

We have a Debian system running Typo3 and we are considering migrating
email server from postfix installed on the same machine to Gmail for
business. As far as I'm aware, the only change needed would be at PHP
level (i.e. change the php.ini) - but are there any settings in any of
the modules that would need to be updated? We would be using the same
email addresses (we have two domains currently).

We use Directmail and Powermail extensions.

The PHP ini settings are as follows:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost