[TYPO3-english] Problem with danish characters after upgrade to 4.6

Michael Lykke typo3 at lykke-it.dk
Sun Jan 1 15:10:51 CET 2012

On 31-12-2011 12:01, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
>> I still have quite a few tables/fields in the db which are collated with
>> Latin1 but I'm not sure if I still need to convert them all to UTF8?
>
> Yes, you should convert them ASAP. Please have a look at procedure in
> the wiki link I sent in my previous message if you need some hints on
> how to efficiently fix that.
>
> Happy new year!

Hi Xavier

Thanks for your reply!

Well, I used the script that Jigal van Hemert made for converting all
tables and fields from Latin1 to UTF8 (link found in the wiki) and it
seemed to work. A lot of tables was converted but there are still some
that have latin1 collation. Will change these manually.

But now I'm facing a different problem:
Everytime I try to insert a new record (e.g. in tt_content) I get the error:
"Attempt to insert record on page "xx" where this table, tt_content, is
not allowed". I searched the wiki and the lists but found only problems
or bugs relating to non-utf8 characters in the templates. But I don't
have this. I also get the error when trying to insert a new TS record.

Will try and solve this myself and maybe start a new thread if the
problem persists.

Regards,
Michael