[TYPO3-english] link and character number limitation

Éric Thibault Eric.Thibault at dc.ulaval.ca
Thu Feb 23 17:07:54 CET 2012

I've narrowed it down to the typo3/jsfunc.tbe_editor.js  and the function rawurlencode... This function receives from somewhere a maxlen parameter of true and cuts URLs at 200 char... I've modified that function on my DEV system and changed the 200 to 400 with no side effect except that my URLs are not cut anymore...

Is there a better way to correct this then to change the JS file directly?

rawurlencode: function(str,maxlen) {
	var output = str;
	//if (maxlen)	output = output.substr(0,200);
	if (maxlen)	output = output.substr(0,400);
	output = encodeURIComponent(output);
	return output;
}

Thanks a million times!