[TYPO3-english] link and character number limitation

Éric Thibault Eric.Thibault at dc.ulaval.ca
Wed Feb 22 19:52:11 CET 2012

Hello to all.

I have an extension that registers, among other things, URL links.  When users paste directly their URL inside the URL field, no bugs... but if they use the wizard (tiny pen calling /typo3/browse_links.php), the URL previously pasted gets truncated at 200 characters...  If I do the same operation inside a wysiwyg field, the browse_links.php window (/typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/mod3/browse_links.php) doesn't limit the number of characters!

After debugging a bit, I've found that the pen's link calling the wizard has the 200 char limitation... Is there a way to cancel or change that URL length limitation via TCA.php?

'wizards' => Array(
'_PADDING' => 2,
'link' => Array(
'type' => 'popup',
'title' => 'Link',
'icon' => 'link_popup.gif',
'script' => 'browse_links.php?mode=wizard',
'JSopenParams' => 'height=300,width=500,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1'
)
)

Thanks a million times!