[TYPO3-english] How do you organize external TypoScript files?

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:16:11 CET 2012

A couple of questions came up when I was just trying to move all my
TypoScript into external files.

1) Given the Constants/Setup structure of TS (which I don't think I
fully understand), should I maintain 2 files? 1 for the Constants part
and 1 for the Setup part?

I was hoping I could put both in 1 file but was unable to make it work.

2) Any recommendations on file names, storage location for the TS files?

3) What's the best way to edit the files? I like to use Aptana, as
synching for all my projects is already properly configured in there.
So working in it is very comfortable.
I tried DEV3, but the color scheme doesn't really work with the default
Aptana color scheme (results in dark blue text on black background) and
I found no way to configure the coloring.

Cheers
Oliver