[TYPO3-english] How do you organize external TypoScript files?

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k at prolabium.com
Tue Feb 21 15:48:27 CET 2012

W dniu 2012-02-21 15:16, Oliver Salzburg wrote:
> A couple of questions came up when I was just trying to move all my
> TypoScript into external files.
>
> 1) Given the Constants/Setup structure of TS (which I don't think I
> fully understand), should I maintain 2 files? 1 for the Constants part
> and 1 for the Setup part?
>
> I was hoping I could put both in 1 file but was unable to make it work.
>
> 2) Any recommendations on file names, storage location for the TS files?
>
> 3) What's the best way to edit the files? I like to use Aptana, as
> synching for all my projects is already properly configured in there.
> So working in it is very comfortable.
> I tried DEV3, but the color scheme doesn't really work with the default
> Aptana color scheme (results in dark blue text on black background) and
> I found no way to configure the coloring.

I have it under:

files/sites/default/resources/private/typoscript/template/

Smth like:

config/
      constants.ts
      setup.ts
pages/
      _regular.ts
      setup.ts
parts/
      _menu_main.ts
      _footer.ts
      setup.ts
plugins/
     _tt_news__const.ts
     _tt_news__setup.ts
      constants.ts
      setup.ts

constants.ts
setup.ts

in each folder there is constants.ts and setup.ts which includes all
files in that folder. Then there are main constants.ts and setup.ts
which includes the setups and constants from each of the four main folders.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz