[TYPO3-english] Typo3 - Restrict Access to a page by IP range

Simon Browning simon at seethroughweb.com
Thu Feb 16 23:13:57 CET 2012

On 12-02-15 9:04 AM, Montgomery, Matthew wrote:
> We have a need to create a single page on our website that is accessible to only on-campus stations.
>
> I have 2 subnets that I would like to specify in the array and I am having great difficulty at making this work.
>
> I located a webpage on this type of request here http://jeffsegars.com/2008/06/24/ip-based-frontend-accounts/.
>
> I have located my localconf.php file as the site says but none of my lines start with $GLOBALS, mine actually start with $TYPO3_CONF_VARS.
>
> I am really new to this and I am not sure how to proceed.  I am hoping that someone can provide some guidance to help us create this single page.
>

> Thanks.

Possibly another way would be to put an extension template on that page
with an IP based redirection.  The page would still show up in the menu,
but anyone clicking on it who is not in the subnet could be redirected
to a page that says something like:  "you must be on campus to view this
content".

We do this on our development sites to keep clients out until we're
ready for them.

[IP = 192.168.1.* ]
    # do nothing, these folks can see the page

[else]

    # redirect these users
    config >
    config.additionalHeaders = Location: