[TYPO3-english] Help changing menu display levels

Urs Bräm info at ursbraem.ch
Mon Feb 13 08:47:45 CET 2012

Hi

the number of displayed levels in each menu is set in Typoscript. You
have to look at the right HMENU element.

First (not sure if you know that already, excuse me if you do), of
course, you have to find the Typoscript template (which is not to be
confused with a plain HTML template or the overall idea of a template
package). It should be in the root page of the site, visible if you use
the module "Template".

As many TMENU elements as there are in the concerned HMENU, that many
levels you get.

http://www.typo3wizard.com/en/snippets/menus/text-menu.html has a very
simple example.

http://wiki.typo3.org/TSref/HMENU has all the options