[TYPO3-english] Help changing menu display levels

Tim Hogan tim at hoganzoo.com
Sun Feb 12 14:06:05 CET 2012

Thanks for the reply but it is becoming painfully obvious that I am not
understanding this TypoScript stuff.

I have a called "Notes" with a content block using the Menu/Sitemap
plugin that is suppose to show the subpages.  I have a subpage called
"General" which I have edited and selected the "Hide in Menus" option so
that it will not show up in the left menu.  I did a search on the
internet and found "tt_content.menu.20.1.includeNotInMenu = 1" which I
added to the "Notes" page under the TypoScript Configuration section on
the Resources tab.  Cleared the cache and tested.

While the "General" page does not show up in the sidebar menu (which is
what I want) it also still does not show up in the Menu/Sitemap content
plugin, which I want it to show there.

So since my first attempt is a failure, I guess I should be asking if
there is some documentation or book out there that is easy to understand
and would give me a good foundation to try and figure this out?

Thanks for any help.

-Tim