[TYPO3-english] Login/Logout issues

Björn Pedersen pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Fri Feb 10 08:55:20 CET 2012

Am 10.02.2012 00:19, schrieb Oliver Salzburg:
> On 2012-02-09 22:27, Philipp Gampe wrote:
>> Hi Oliver Salzburg,
>>
>>> Ok, so you have to uncheck "Display Logout Form After Successful Login"
>>> and everything works perfectly. Seems like the Logout form doesn't
>>> support redirects.
>>>
>>> If you build two options into a user interface that clearly conflict
>>> with each other, why isn't there any kind of feedback? And this isn't
>>> even "some extension". This is the core user login component.
>>
>> This display logout after login was added later on. Would you mind to open a
>> bug report:
>>
>> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/issues
>>
>> Viele Grüße
>
> I think the issue has already been reported here:
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/29785
>
> Or do you think this is an additional issue?
>
> Cheers
> Oliver
And reading this bug, I think it is mainly a documentation problem.
You tell TYPO3 to show the logout form (on the same page as the login)
and at the same time want  a redirection to happen. In this case TYPO3
thinks  the show logout has higher 'priority' and decides to show the
current page. You can not get both things at the same time.

Björn