[TYPO3-english] redirect mobile user

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Thu Feb 9 01:39:05 CET 2012

Hi T o n,

T o n wrote:

> Besides my standard website, I want to create a mobile website in TYPO3.
>
> For that purpose I made a separate tree in in TYPO3 and installed
> extension cwmobileredirect to detect any mobile device which moves the
> visitor to the other tree. This works perfectly with my first provider.
> There I can make a subdomain m.mydomainname.com through a cpanel and
> redirect the visitors to the correct
> http://m.mydomainname.com/index.php?id=74 page.
>
> My other provider allows unlimited subdomains, by simply creating a new
> folder in the root of my page, using ftp. That provider does not have a
> cpanel so I cannot add a redirect url. Therefore I tried an html page with
> (<meta http-equiv="REFRESH"
> content="0;url=http://www.mydomainname.com/index.php?id=74/"></HEAD>). But
> what happens is, that when a mobile device is detected, it is sent to this
> index page and this index page sends him back to TYPO3. So I end up in an
> endless loop. The same happens when I place a .htaccess file in the
> subdomain folder.
>
> What do I have to do to get this working with this provider?

Do not redirect to m.example.org?id=74, but to example.org?id=74.

If you have an own tree for the mobile site, this should be no problem.
You do not even need the m.example.org domain.

Also you can use the &type parameter to access another page object.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key 0AD96065