[TYPO3-english] HTTPS, TYPO3 and static resources (images, etc.)

Jason A. Lefkowitz jason at jasonlefkowitz.net
Wed Feb 1 18:25:02 CET 2012

Hey all --

I have a TYPO3 Web site that needs to have its home page (and *only* its
home page) served over SSL.

My first stab at dealing with this was to install the HTTPS Enforcer
extension
(http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/https_enforcer/current/),
which lets you specify particular pages in your TYPO3 site that should
be forced to HTTPS. And the extension works as advertised! But there's a
problem -- while requests for one of those pages are indeed handled over
SSL, resources included inline in the page (like images) are not
delivered over SSL. So you get a warning in your browser (which,
depending on the browser, can range from a quiet information message to
a full-out screaming warning page) telling you that the page isn't
*completely* secure, which (understandably) freaks people out.

So my question is -- how do you get TYPO3 to deliver a *complete* page
over SSL, including modifying the URLs of static resources so they are
delivered securely too? Is there some way to configure/extend HTTPS
Enforcer to do that? Is there another extension that's better in this
scenario? Or am I just completely out of luck?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

-- Jason

--
Jason A. Lefkowitz
web: http://www.jasonlefkowitz.net
email: jason at jasonlefkowitz.net

"A statesman... is a dead politician.
Lord knows, we need more statesmen." -- Bloom County