[TYPO3-english] 6.0 for production?

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Wed Dec 19 16:54:59 CET 2012

On 12/19/2012 04:50 PM, Urs Bräm wrote:

>> * depending a bit on the size of the project assuming normal projects to
>> run at least 1-2 months or longer.
>
> Our projects run for half a year up to a year :-)
> My development would start by end of january, so I think I should be fine.
>
> My concerns are:
>
> - Stability, Bugs
> - Missing features due to rewrites in some parts (I've just seen the EM,
> maybe that's the only place)
> - Extension compatibility (e.g. direct_mail is not out yet); apart from
> that I use formhandler, ke_search, workspaces, tt_news/news

Hi,

I think the core is clean/stable meanwhile. Extensions can of course be
a problem. We've encountered some as well which use functions deprecated
in 4.6 and finally removed with 6.0 :-)

But for quite some big ones there are already updated available - like
for example tt_news. However to install that current tt_news with 6.0
you'd either need to apply a patch by hand, do a current checkout of the
6.0-tree or wait for 6.0.1.

Personally I don't think 6.0.1 is too far down the road. If you'd want
to start "now" I'd suggest to do a git-checkout (of 6.0-branch, not master).

And if you encounter a problem still open, the community would be happy
for you to help track down those or maybe even provide a patch. If your
schedule is not too tight, I think that model should work out.
In urgent cases just ask, and I'm sure we'll find a solution for your
customers.

Kind regards,
 Stefan