[TYPO3-english] automatic usage of FAL image description/caption?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Dec 13 17:25:30 CET 2012

Am 13.12.2012 16:46, schrieb Anja Leichsenring:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> I found out how this is supposed to work:
>
> In any CE using your image you find little checkboxes next to the fields
> holding your meta data (from fileadmin). Those are enabled. In this
> state, the meta data is considered to be not wanted, so nothing is
> rendered in the Frontend.
>
> You acn override the values in the field, but not edit it, thats true.
> But try, the field itself is editable and you an enter different
> information.
>
> If you want to use the meta data from fileadmin, disable the checkboxes
> next to the field in the CE and it will be rendered.
>
> I tried this with the 6.0.0 TYPO3 version.

hm. I can't disable the checkboxes, as everytime I save the CE these
checkboxes are set again.
where/how are these values stored?

and would it be more helpful to unset these checkboxes by default?
the default behaviour should be: get values from FAL-record
as the overwrite should be the exception.

explicit setting these values in the CE does work.
but all (default)values from the FAL-records are ignored
- for me.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html