[TYPO3-english] [RealURL] Multilingual URLs rewriting

WEYTENS Antoine Antoine.WEYTENS at 3ds.com
Wed Dec 12 15:00:19 CET 2012

Hello,

I updated successfully the TYPO3 extension RealURL to the latest version a couple of days ago.

It works great, now I have the multilingual URLs feature. For example if you're browsing in German, you'll see German URLs.

However, I have a SEO issue, for example the old URL : "/de/social-networks/" has now become "/de/soziale-netzwerke/". The old URL "/de/social-networks/" is still working so there is no breaking links problem.

But in order to avoid search engines duplicate pages I would like to permanently redirect "/de/social-networks/" to "/de/soziale-netzwerke/".

This feature is natively provided by RealURL for missing slashes ("/social-networks" is redirected to "/social-networks/"), but I couldn't find  the right parameter in the documentation.

I had the idea to do it in the .htaccess or Apache Conf but I have more than 1000 pages (in 8 languages) so I think it may cause a performance issue.

Would anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Antoine

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer