[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 CMS 6.0 activate sorting in page module?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Dec 7 16:59:04 CET 2012

Hi,

On 7-12-2012 11:33, Sacha Vorbeck wrote:
>  >> Can anyone confirm this or help me with enabling it?
>> you can use drag & drop for sorting now...
>
> ;-) I`m aware of that and would still like to know if and how the
> sorting buttons can be enabled again.

In the language mode of the Page module there are sorting buttons, in
the List module there are sorting buttons. In the normal view of the
Page module we have drag&drop.

The sorting buttons cannot be enabled in that view. The reason is
simple: drag&drop does not reload the page but it updates the database
in the background. If the sorting buttons would be visible they need to
be updated on every drag&drop action for all content elements on a page.

Recalculation all sorting button actions is very complex and it would be
rather pointless to have sorting buttons too while drag&drop is more
intuitive.

Also, by removing the sorting buttons the interface has less information
and will be less confusing for editors.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member