[TYPO3-english] EM 6.0: Unusuable for production sites?

Bernhard Kraft kraft at web-consulting.at
Thu Dec 6 10:07:47 CET 2012

Hello !

Am 05.12.2012 10:49, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:

> That was one of the most heard complaints about the old EM: if you want
> to install an extension you have to go through so many popups and
> confirmation dialogues with questions you can only confirm [...]

I don't know if it was only my Linux/Firefox whatever ... but when the
"new" EM of 4.x came out it worked really nice to just click "install"
and "update" on every dependency confirm button.

I don't know when this problem was introduced - but during the last
versions this didn't really work. When you clicked to import a
dependency it should open in a new window. Which is probably true for IE
but opens a new fullscreen tab in FF.

Additionally when the dependency was installed and one clicked
"Close window and retry ..." (I don't know exactly what the full wording
was) The window closed but the parent window didn't update.

So there quite a few nitpicking bugs in the old version. Maybe this was
the cause they decided to make a rewrite.

At least this was the experience I had ...

greetings,
Bernhard