[TYPO3-english] EM 6.0: Unusuable for production sites?

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Wed Dec 5 11:38:02 CET 2012

On 05/12/12 10:49, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> For big production sites you will certainly have a development or test
> environment to first try to make the extension work.

sure, both dev and test
anyway i'd like to have all details and all "clicks" to do also in
production

in my local test on 6.0 several time the em did "hang up" during an ext
isntallation.. what happens there?
what happens if i do a major (and well tested i ndev) ext update in
production? and it hangs somewhere?

i think this "easy and 1 click" new em could be ok, if we had a shell
companion (like DRUSH in Drupal, for example.. or i guess the "will
arrive" Composer

>> PS: i tried bringing the old "em" into 6.0 .. with no success)
>
> Not really surprising if you consider how it was constructed :-)

so you are sure there is no way to make it work eh?
since the extensions key are different.
i could go and change all class path names!

what do you think?

--

Stefano Cecere
KRUR studio - http://krur.com