[TYPO3-english] EM 6.0: Unusuable for production sites?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Dec 5 12:00:09 CET 2012

Hi,

On 5-12-2012 11:03, Alessandro Tuveri wrote:
> * I can't get infos about the +ext installed (or I'm wrong and I don't
> know where this function is locate..?!?)

What kind of information do you need? The developer-related stuff? That
confused too many people and they even filed issues for "developer
related warnings" which were no problem at all.

If you need it, request it for extdeveval please.

> * nor modify the +ext via BE

Modifying what? The files of an extension? That's certainly not the main
function of an extension manager. Better us (S)FTP and do the editing in
your favourite IDE/editor.

> * GLOBAL/LOCAL INSTALL; there is no way to select the folder where I
> need/wanto install into. This is very annoying and many people wrote in
> the past to maintain this feature; otherwise I'm (and many other) forced
> to change +ext site-per-site with several time wasted....

It was heavily broken in the EM of 4.5-4.7 and some attempts were made
to fix it.
There was an ugly, working option in the new EM during beta, but it was
disabled because of stability problems. It should come back in a bugfix
release.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member