[TYPO3-english] Many TYPO3 installations

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon Aug 27 13:49:58 CEST 2012

Hey,

On 08/17/2012 10:51 AM, Frédéric Ollivier wrote:
> We have almost 100 TYPO3 sites and it becomes very hard to maintain
> all theses installations up-to-date especially with sec alerts.
>
> I'm looking for advices or feedback on good practices. I've seen
> Caretaker but it seems non active by now.

We use caretaker and it is a good solution. We're running the 'server'
on a 4.5 instance, and track all other systems with it. Afaik we just
fixed minor things, like the core version test that didn't fix our
needs, and I think we applied a hack to the extension version test or
something. The general code architecture is clean and pretty easy to
understand, even with the bad documentation of the project.

I know that a lot larger companies use the caretaker, and I'm sure that
the project leaders and co-leaders will happily support any action that
is taken to fix issues and to further develop the project. Please just
get in contact with them and help with patches. The whole project is
very cool and it would be great to see some action.

Regards
Christian