[TYPO3-english] Many TYPO3 installations

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Thu Aug 23 01:45:54 CEST 2012

On 17/08/12 21:18, Rutger Mik | Zeeman Reclamegroep wrote:

>> We have almost 100 TYPO3 sites and it becomes very hard to maintain
>> all theses installations up-to-date especially with sec alerts.
>
> We have about 40 sites and I use caretaker for that right now because I
> could not find anything else that did the trick.

You could also have a look at "Nagios". This is a more complex but very
powerful solution:

http://nagios.org/

Nagios allows you to monitor your servers, services, networks, etc. and
triggers a warning (e.g. email, text message to your mobile, etc.) if a
server/service outage/failure or risk (e.g. remaining disk space) has
been detected. Also, Nagios has a web interface to visualise your IT
infrastructure (shows list of hosts, services, servicegroups, reports,
etc.).

A Nagios server in combination with the TYPO3 Extension "nagios" warns
you, if you are running an outdated TYPO3 version or an insecure TYPO3
extension. It also gives you a great list view showing all TYPO3
instances and their TYPO3 versions, if everything is "green" (OK).

http://schams.net/nagios

You will also find a list of "similar projects" (if Nagios is overkilled
for your requirements) at http://schams.net/nagios

Check out the screenshots :-)

Cheers
Michael