[TYPO3-english] upgrade 4.4 -> 4.6 - strange behavior on tt_news pages

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Apr 22 07:56:40 CEST 2012

Hi Douglas,

On 22-4-2012 3:59, Douglas La Farge wrote:
> I am rendering our menus with gmenu_layers and tmenu_layers.
[...]
> on page reload when you hover over a menu the drop down appears in
> the upper left corner of the page.
[...]
> I've viewed the source from after cache clear, and loaded from cache.
> There is not a single character that is different.
>
> When I take my source and load it to the server as a text/html
> document the same behavior is present.

Hard to say anything about it without at least seeing the resulting page
(a link is often helpful).

If you want to find the cause yourself I would start with a tool like
Firebug to see where the positioning of the menus is controlled (CSS /
JS). Then you can start to compare the before and after of those files,
or at least see what is different after reloading.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!