[TYPO3-english] upgrade 4.4 -> 4.6 - strange behavior on tt_news pages

Douglas La Farge douglas.lafarge at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 03:59:19 CEST 2012

I've upgraded a typo3 system from 4.4.6 to 4.6.8.  tt_news was upgraded from 3.0.1 to 3.2.1.

I am rendering our menus with gmenu_layers and tmenu_layers.

after a cache clear the menus work correctly.

on page reload when you hover over a menu the drop down appears in the upper left corner of the page.

This only happens on a page with a tt_news container (LIST/SINGLE).

I've completely ripped the templates apart (both tscript and file) and minimized every aspect possible.

I've viewed the source from after cache clear, and loaded from cache. There is not a single character that is different.

When I take my source and load it to the server as a text/html document the same behavior is present.

any help on this is greatly appreciated.

regards,
doug