[TYPO3-english] Multi-language fallback and geolocation for sub-country

Ernesto Domato edomat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:11:54 CEST 2011

Hi list, this is what I'm trying to do without success:

1) Multi-language fallback
The site that I'm trying to create will have several languages and the
fallback of languages should be configured per each language. What I
mean is that I should be able to create a language like "Spanish -
Argentina" that fallbacks to "Spanish" instead of the default language
(which will be German), and also a "English - US" language that should
fallback to "English".

I tried this with the extension "languagevisibility" but it works just
for the items on menus and content on pages but not with pages itself.
What I mean is that if I try to access for example a page that is
translated to "Spanish" while I'm browsing on "Spanish - Argentina"
language, it doesn't show the "Spanish" page when that page is not
translated to "Spanish - Argentina", it just gives me that the page is
not translated in the requested language (that not using realurl,
realurl gives me a very similar error).

By "translated page" I mean when you create an "Alternative Page Language".

2) Geolocation with sub-country
I tried to use the "rlmp_language_detection" extension that works
great but it only use the 2 characters code (the "lg_iso_2" column
from "static_languages" table). So, given the kind of site that I
explain above, if my browser is configured to use for example es-ar
language, the extension will tell Typo3 to give me the es language
pages and that's not what I want if I have both es-ar and es language
pages.

So, do you know how could I solve these two problems?.

Thanks for all,
Ernesto.