[TYPO3-english] RealURL: is there an invalidation process for unique aliases?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Sep 20 14:02:52 CEST 2011

Hi all,

As often with RealURL I'm faced with an issue where I'm not sure whether
it's a misconfiguration or a bug (or a misunderstood feature), so I'm
asking here first ;-)

Consider the detail page for a tt_news item. It's converted to a
speaking URL using both a page path and a unique aliases. With
"useUniqueCache" activated, the alias is stored in the
tx_realurl_uniqalias. When that page is requested the entry in that
table will be found and thus the id of the news item retrieved. However
imagine that this news item has been hidden in the meantime. Or that its
endtime has expired. Or even that it has been deleted. None of this is
taken into account by tx_realurl_advanced::lookUp_uniqAliasToId().

This may lead to displaying a blank page, whereas it would make more
sense to trigger a 404 error (if so configured) as when an alias is not
found.

Is this a misconfiguration or a bug? Or some other misunderstanding?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter