[TYPO3-english] RealURL: is there an invalidation process for unique aliases?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 20 14:42:40 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 20-9-2011 14:02, François Suter wrote:
> tx_realurl_uniqalias. When that page is requested the entry in that
> table will be found and thus the id of the news item retrieved. However
> imagine that this news item has been hidden in the meantime. Or that its
> endtime has expired. Or even that it has been deleted. None of this is
> taken into account by tx_realurl_advanced::lookUp_uniqAliasToId().

I don't think it's the job of realurl to keep track of these things.

There is really no difference between calling:
http://domain.ext/path/to/news/title_of_item.html
and
http://domain.ext/index.php?id=12&tx_ttnews[ttnews]=231

If the news item with uid=231 is deleted or expired or ... what would
you expect to see with the second URL?
RealUrl only (silently) translates parameters to speaking urls and vice
versa.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.